Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I haven't fished the lagoons before. This saturday I want to take my step daughter to the lagoons to fish. We will most likely be fishing from the shore. She said she has never caught a fish before so I want her to catch something.

I was just wondering if someone can give me some tips on where to fish from and what types of bait to use. Would it be best to just get some worms and a bobber for her? What area is best for this? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Wax worms and night crawlers, small hooks and bobbers is the way to go for kids. You might try fishing by the concrete boat launch. There is an area there with a railing around it, which makes it safer for kids. It will probably be very muddy around most of the shoreline.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
164 Posts
He is right but if you got a tough little girl try going by the dams. But be careful chickenliver works too theres a few cats in the lagoon. But I would have to agree night crawlers or wax worms on a small hook with a bobber is best for ensuring a good time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.