Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Skokie Lagoons of course holds some nice fish from what I have seen on the boards here, but it isn't the cleanest of places from what I hear.

I recently made my first trip to Lake Glenview last weekend and loved it. I think that would be a great place to go to. It's also really close to the shopping area at the Glen so if the wife and daughter get bored they can always go buy something.

I also love Independence Grove, but that's a bit futher north from where you are.

Hope that helps you out and maybe we'll run into each someday out on the lakes.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Welcome to the site ChicagoDuo. Great to have ya!

There are lots of shore opportunities for fishing near you and fun stuff for the family to do as well.

In Morton Grove you are probably closest to Axehead. It's plenty clean there so don't worry about that. It's a forest preserve lake so you can always picnic and get some sun and that sort of thing. If you feel like driving about 25 minutes, i'd strongly suggest Twin Lakes in Palatine. The lake holds some awesome fish (check the Musky just caught there on these boards), is surrounded by playgrounds, and has a fieldhouse with food, drinks, etc. A great place to bring the wife and child.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
welcome duo!

i work in morton grove. closet place I go this time of year to fish for an hour or two after work is the glen. it's on the way home and just a few minutes from work. it is not the type of lake you want to spend a full day with your family if you seek to experience "nature". It's a residential community lake so you'll see lots of families out for a stroll, rollerbladers, bikers, etc. And you are bound to meet several of the guys from this site fishing it in the evenings.

for more of a "nature" getaway, I'd probably take the family to Busse woods. It's a big big forest preserve with plenty of areas to setup a picnic and fish leisurely with the family. Woodfield Mall is right there so if things don't pan out, you've got a backup plan.

Here's a link to google maps for Lake Glenview:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... =addr&om=1

link to Busse Woods:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... &z=14&om=1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.