Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to here, but have been around other sites for years. I recently moved to St. Charles and was looking for info on fishing it. More specifically from the St. Charles Dam north. I have a boat and and got a kayak for christmas. I live just north of boy scout island. So that stretch is what I was wondering about. Any info appreciated. Thanks, Mops

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum depending on size of your boat I would suggest fishing from the Algonquian Dam and north with your kayak Algonquian Dam south

·
Registered
378 Posts
I was talking to a guy a few weeks ago up by the Algonquian Dam think he said he was from Michigan ? Would this be you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, that was not me. There’s a launch basically across the street from my house. So was looking for info on that stretch.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Depending on what you are fishing for from Algonquian Dam and South lots of smallmouth if you are looking for walleye musky go north good luck 👍

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
In general, you're in a prime smallmouth location. Do well around creeks and pipes come spring. But something about those fox river smallies that love man made structure in the current. Retaining walls, pillars, chunk rock, low side of a dam are your new friends. At times better to wade or shore fish than boat. Especially shore fishing that St Charles dam area. Typical smallmouth baits go from top waters in the summer to cranks when it's chilly. And dragging or bouncing a jig around can pretty much do the trick year round.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to here, but have been around other sites for years. I recently moved to St. Charles and was looking for info on fishing it. More specifically from the St. Charles Dam north. I have a boat and and got a kayak for christmas. I live just north of boy scout island. So that stretch is what I was wondering about. Any info appreciated. Thanks, Mops
Fish this area every weekend, fishing can be great but when the pleasure boaters get out time to move up stream have to be very careful as the water is only about 2.5 feet deep try to get as close to five islands as the small mouth can be great up there we have had 30 to 40 fish days on this area of the fox. My brother and I have worked very hard to get familiar with this area of Boy scout island of the fox so I do not want to say to much if you would to join me sometime send me a private post. Scott

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts