Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd prep my rigs for the season as this weather has seriously dampened my mood. A little equipment maintenance is just what the doctor ordered to give me some hope.

Anyway, I thought it be cool to see what everyones new toys for the season are.

I picked up a Carrot Stix at the Classic and am dying to try it out. I thought for sure I'd be at occ making some casts this weekend but what a bummer.

I'm also looking forward to using my new falcon/shimano spinning rig more often this year skippin under docks. my spinning outfits all sucked and I'm relieved I have a decent setup this year. I don't do a whole lot of spinning anymore but now I'll have the confidence in my equipment to get the job done right.

I put the Accurist PT on the Stix as I'll use that rig for most of my plastics and also for some pitchin and flippin. Depending on how I like the Stix, I'll probably end up getting a few more to complete my tournament setup of 3 baitcasters and 1 spinning. I need one more quality baitcasting reel and I should be good for the year.

i'm also looking to get a small outboard and trolley so all you guys don't have to worry about me borrowing your shit and breaking it. :mrgreen:

friggin A....it's coming down outside! :shock:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Unfortunately for my wallet I have several new toys to play with this year. When I started fishing again back at the end of April last year I had one baitcasting setup and one spinning setup. I picked up a couple of additional setups during the Summer, but as I head into this season I now have 3 spinning setups, 3 baitcasting setups, and 2 musky setups. :shock: Man, I hope my kid doesn't like to eat much.

So the newest stuff coming into this year is a Tica rod and Daiwa Luna baitcasting musky setup, a St. Croix Triumph rod and Johnny Morris spinning reel setup, and a BPS Extreme rod and Quantum PT Tour Edition baitcasting setup. I can't wait to get out there with this stuff. Add that to the other 5 setups I have, lots of new lures, and some new line and I should be in good shape to bring the fish in this year. Come on open water!!!!! :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
No new fancy gear but I plan to make my own spinners rigs.

I want my own flavors so I picked up Floats, Fluoro line, beads, blades and hooks and leader holders.

I prefer the hammered finish and many packaged ones are shiny and cheap or too small.
(Thats why 1 lindy rig is like $3.)

Beads are usually crappy also, so those will get swapped out.

Overall, there is prolly no savings unless i make 100.
But I have the color I want with floats for the different baits.

Come on spring!

Ozarks are calling me!
:D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
No new equipment for this year, although I have my eyes on a few new baitcasting setups.

As far as lures go...................let's just say that I'm set for a long time. :D Now if it would just stop snowing. :x

·
Registered
126 Posts
well i'm getting a new(used but new to me) bass boat and am having the dealer install hummingbirds side imaging sonar at the console. I can't wait to take a look at some of the spots i've been fishing all my life... other than that i can't wait to try out the 6lb test crystal fireline on my walleye rig and deffinitely can't wait to try out the strike king rage tail series (frog and bama craw).

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice setups Augy ! maybe u can catch some fish this year :shock:
j/k bro

Wow Clancy ,u went all out over the winter :shock:

It`s cool to see everyone upgrading their gear 8)

I got 1 new baitcasting setup this winter and way too many lures as usual lol.
Damn stores keep sending me coupons :lol:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I bought a vex, an ice rod, scoop, auger and some tipups this winter. This Wednesday I'm closing on my new house which means tons of $ plus new mortage payments every month :cry:.

I could use a new spinning reel but I don't think that I'll really buy much more besides tackle now and then. (maybe a boat too!)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Funny this came up just talking about this with doc. Got a few excelers over the winter and love them so far but havent put them through a thorough test. Gonna get a revo sx and a st. croix this weekend. I also have a few boats I need to look at.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.