Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
553 Posts
Man I was just talking about them blues at Lasalle Lake a few days ago with my dad. I might plan a trip to fish that lake in the coming weeks, I'm really busy and will be for the next few days. Those blues just look so healthy and tasty also. What did you get them on? Incredible job, keep em' coming. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
I suggest you get good gear (50-100lb test, 2-4oz sinkers, circle sea hook 8/0, and big chunk bate like shad 6in and bloody). Fishin is best when the wind is blowing west and cloudy/rainy. Watch you pole or you will lose them... they nail them out of no where. I have had them break 50lb test like it was nothing. So this year I am up grading :D

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
christhecatman22 said:
I have had them break 50lb test like it was nothing. So this year I am up grading :D
Ur probably better off making sure ur drag is set right than going to heavier line :wink:
Drag pressure set to tight is the biggest cause of lost fish.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
A lot of Times channel catfish are mistaken for blues, in this Case i think it has happened once again. But then again forgive me if i may be wrong!!

I'm Not that big of a catfish angler but Know a lot about a lot of species And From what i remember a Channels anal fin is more round through out and the Blues looks like you took scissors and cut, Blues have a straight cut in between the "V" And Channels are not as straight more rounded out. so From What i can see in the Pictures I'll Say beautiful channels although i do see blues. A lot of times Channel catfish will Have a somewhat blueish gray appearance same as the "Blue Catfish" And the most distinctive way to tell them apart is their tail. But again Forgive me if I'm Wrong, I'll Google it And See If I'm Even Right, Pretty sure i am though i forget little.

Beautiful Stringer!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Culprit said:
christhecatman22 said:
I have had them break 50lb test like it was nothing. So this year I am up grading :D
Ur probably better off making sure ur drag is set right than going to heavier line :wink:
Drag pressure set to tight is the biggest cause of lost fish.
8 lb test a 9'2" meadium fast action rod with 8 lb test on a shimano 4000 so that fish can strip as much line as he or she wants :D it outta do it. If not... I might have to whip out the Muskie Rod :lol:

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.