Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Nielsen't Channel for the first time with Bossman, Rapman and Legend. Ice was a solid 12"+ in the channels. Got there around 5:30AM and punched close to 50 holes. Bite started off great on both plastics and meat catching numerous undersized gills (< 8") and several crappies. the bite slowed down a bit so Rapman opted to go ahead and begin making some awesome breakfast sandwiches with egg, cheese and venison breakfast links on french rolls.

The day continued with mostly small gills a couple of small bass ~ 5 between 11-13". Bossman had a screamer on, pulling drag but lost it at the hole, uncertain what it was. . . It was then Legends turn on the grill whipping up burgers and chicken. To said it mildly the other fisherman were rather jealous of the spread we had going. things then got a bit crazy following the beer and Hen Dog and Bossman decided he would whip out his polish (fake) and scare the other fisherman.

Here is the catch of the day. . .

· Registered
350 Posts
nsselle said:
nice fishin boys, Id be careful with that sausage pick
It scared away of some hole jumpers and it actually attracted a couple of bored house wifes from the homes around the channel to come done and have a see for themselves and strike up some conversation with us! :lol:

· Registered
255 Posts
HAHAHAHA. hell if thats the case maybe ill try the old sausage trick. Its funny you say that I was out at geneva this weekend and some a-hole saw me catch a 14in crappie I shit you not he put his shanty within five feet of ours. Like that was the only crappie spot on all of Geneva Bay. People are idiots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.