Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Night Fishing from Kayak Questions

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  BrookeT 
#1 ·
Hello WCF'rs,
Anybody know the rules regarding night fishing, specifically from a kayak at Skokie Lagoons/forest preserves? I know the boat launches close at sunset and most places the forest preserve police lock up the entrances. Skokie Lagoons is a place that you could launch a kayak from shore though. Anybody have experience night fishing the Goons or another forest preserve? I'm sure its technically illegal but just wondering :lol: :lol:

#2 ·
Curious if anyone has. Aside from your car along Forest Preserve Dr. you'd certainly be invisible out there. The only thing is if you parked there it would probably draw attention from any cops driving along especially if you were showing a trailer of kayak carrier on the roof.

#8 ·
Well, not surprised by the response I received from CFP Police. The entire Forest Preserve is closed at sunset including trails and waterways.
I did not point out that SUP's are forbidden on Forest Preserve waterways even though 100 of them were cruising around Skokie Lagoons Sunday along with every type of inflatable that holds air.
Will update if I get any additional info or if I find myself floating past sundown 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.