Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my buddy went to a hidden pond that is full of carp and cats. Its in a park and the people and police dont care as long as you clean up. Went to jewel at 10pm bought some fresh talapia. Got to the pond around 1015. Temps were in the low 80's humid no wind. Water was very high. Carp were jumping like I have never seen before. My buddys first cast pulls a 5 pound channel lost him on the shore. Every cast get a bite. I decided to use a big peice of fish on a size two hook. Had 10 pound line on a cheap zebco 33 because left my good stuff in my other car. After 5 mins whole pole moves set my drag low because wasnt sure what the zebco could do. Took me five mins to land her she was just over 20 inches but very fat. got her back nice and safe. Got another one but she ripped my hook right off. Mosquitos got really bad left at 3am. Love night fishing for cats. Its a nice change once in a while. I learned fresh fish is magic with the cats!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.