Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out on the water about 5:30am with Rock and a friend of mine from work. smooth as glass. ran it out to about 60ft. hit some bait clouds and started droppin lines. 3rd rod wasn't even in the water when we have our first hookup. coho starts dancin way out behind the boat, tosses the hook. purple spoon, rock's secret special one ;) Second fish not 10 minutes later, boated it, got our first coho of the day on the same spoon. about 6:00 or so fish hits a bird out wide, rock grabs it and goes to pass it off to me, fish snaps 30lb test mono leader takes the fly.... about 20 mins later I'm bringin in another coho, this time on 00 orange dodger and fly, and all the sudden the mag dipsey with the monster dodger and fly goes off and starts peelin drag. My buddy grabs it and a 10 min fight with a 15lb king ensues. soon as we get the king to the boat and in the net god flips the wind switch and it starts howlin out of the north. waves start rollin in the 2-4ft range. we battled the wind for another hour and a half till about 8:20 when we got off the water cus we couldnt control the boat anymore and they were startin to consistently roll at 4-6ft. took us 20+ mins to go 2.5 miles from the zion nuke plant to the marina. Went bouncin by a couple charters and another group of guys in a 22 footer gettin bounced around. we get the boat on the trailer and the 22 footer comes in soon after where he proceeds to call us crazy lol. says that they counted 3-4 times where the entire boat including prop were airborne with the boat standing on end LOL. Ended up a pretty good day. Think we went 4-13 or so due to the nasty winds. Those coho were hittin and comin right up to the surface where they were tossin the hooks in the 4-6ft waves. Got 3 cohos and the 15lb king. Highlight of the day... We're pullin into the launch and about to back the boat down the ramp at 5:30am when a guy with a 16-18ft aluminum tiller on a roller trailer dumps the boat off the the trailer on the concrete. Never seen anything like it lol. No offense if it was anyone on here who owned that boat :D was a fun-filled eventful day, easily think we would have limited out if it wasnt for the damn wind gods screwin us over. All in all a good fun day on the water. Pics to come soon from rock, and I have a few from my buddy that I gotta get up here. Keep an eye out, they'll be up sometime tonite.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
At the McD's Big Bass Classic tourney last year at Sam Rayburn I watched a guy take a 150 merc off the back of his boat after he forgot to tilt it up before pullin it out lol. Same kinda deal I felt bad laughing but man it was some funny sheet.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I think I have seen it all when people are launching their boats. Like the time I saw a guy with a Jet Ski at Northpoint with out a trailer. He just backed his old Bronco into the water and drove it into the back! Or the time an un-named relative of mine took his expensive 26' speedboat out of the water and forgot to lift the lower unit of the I/O before driving up the ramp. Needless to say, he needed to replace some expensive parts. :shock:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's some pics from the morning we were out:

Sunrise comin up over the horizon at 5:45am or so.. as we were runnin the boat out. Lake was gorgeous, smooth as glass. Stayed that way about an hour and a half lol...

Shot of the back end as were runnin her out to the deep stuff early AM. As you can tell from the sides of the boat the water is flat as can be.

Catch for the day... we lost SOOO many fish today, due to bad weather, wind, waves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.