Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone doing any shore fishing lately?

If so, are you catching anything?

If so again, what are you catching?

If you're catching what are you using?

I guess w/ the NE winds lately there hasn't been much action but if there has tell me about it. I don't get much of a chance to fish these days but I want to know what's going on at the places I do fish.

All I'm seeing on this board about Lake Michigan is charter fishing. No offense to mr. Lucky Dog but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the guys that are on these boards don't do too much charter fishing. It seems like most of these guys are do it yourselfers.

It seems to me most of these guys would be more proud to talk about the trout they caught at Axe Head or the bass they caught at the "Goons" as opposed to the millions of Coho they caught on a Charter.

I guess I could be wrong because I frequently am, but Lucky Dog...we get it! You catch a lot of fish with all your gadgets and high tech equipment.

·
Registered
401 Posts
there aren't many here who fish LM exclusively especially from shore. and no offense, but i feel you're completely out of line talkin to lucky that way. talk about rude.... first you come on here asking who is fishing NP, using what lures, what locations, etc... wanting all this info, and then you treat a member and great guy like lucky this way because his reports are from his charters? I'm sorry, but there's people here who USE that information plenty. Why dont you read some of his posts and see what he's using, what spoons, colors, etc and then try casting some stuff in the same colors from shore? rather than act the way you did...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm going with pezdek1 on this one. Some of us go on charters as well and Lucky Dog also posts some great info on the VHS virus affecting the Great Lakes as well as meeting times on the Coast Guard gunnery situation. One of the nice things about this site is everyone is civil and respectful to each other.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Charters are fun but $$$ if I am paying that much I would hope to get
on A LOT of fish :lol: :lol:

Skunk and Charter just don't go well together.......

·
Registered
26 Posts
JH34 I fish Lake Michigan from shore all the time. I'm not going to go unless there's been a southwest wind blowing for a couple of days. I haven't been up north in a couple of years as I usually go to Cal park, Hammond. or a few sneak on areas that I frequent in Northwest Indiana. If you are looking for some perch when a Noreaster is blowin try the 92nd street railboard bridge by the scrapyard. ( Cal River). I would fish just off the bottom . Use Baby roaches, soft shells, heck if that doesn't work use a worm. Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have caught quite a few smallmouth around belmont harbor. Nothing huge mostly around 2lbs, but I have seen 3-4 lbs taken around northerly island and navy pier. I just start in the back and work my way towards the mouth of the harbor. I like crankbaits in the spring and beast type plastics in the sumer. I fish LM alot but it is not easy. It is such a large area that you really have to do your homework to have some luck. There are alot of skunk days but there is something special and exciting about getting one out of the big pond. BTW I am convinced that I have to give lucky dog a try. I got a few guys together and will be calling soon. Lucky dog here we come!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Information from shore or charter is better than no info. at all. I'll be out there (from shore, can't afford the charter and no boat to use) at belmont tomorrow for them perch.
Lucky Dog, thanks for all the info. and please keep them coming.
Johnny, let me know when your going out to LM, maybe we can hook up for some of those perch from shore.
Pez, maybe you can give johnny a spot on your boat when you go out to LM. just an :idea: ....
Go out have fun fishing with the knowledge, techniques, lure types, presentations, etc.. etc.. you've learned from this site. :) :) :)
GO IN FISH... I mean PEACE!!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
yeah, don't dog Lucky! Personally, I've been charter trolling and can't stand it. Bores me to tears to be out there catching or not. Don't know why, been a dozen times in the past on others $$$ but just don't get it. But some do. Oddly enough, I love trolling for Northern Pike! Go figure. Anyway, don't dog the Dog!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have been on plenty of LM charters before and Capt Jim is an top notch guy and charter captain. IMO if you dont like his posts dont read and dont comment!
johnnyho34 dont try turning this into some of the other chicagoland fishing sites that have pages of bashing. I think I can speak for everyone here that we like to stand above all that petty crap.

·
Registered
428 Posts
JohnnyHo read the forums on where YOU want to fish all the info is there. Skokie Lagoons, Axehead, etc. click on those forums and find out what you need :!: The stuff that Mr. Lucky Dog is putting out, may not be interesting to you, but it may be important to people who go out and troll in their own boats. Otherwise if you don't have something nice to say...yada, yada, yada :!:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Sorry if I did...like I said...I'm frequently wrong and this just so happens to have been one of those times.

I just think lucky is using this site to advertise...not a bad idea...if you ask me!

Again, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
johnnyho34 said:
I just think lucky is using this site to advertise...not a bad idea...if you ask me! quote]

It's all good johnny, you just struck a nerve I guess.

Lucky does advertise on the site and as you can see he has a banner too. Help's to keep the site up and running and free for us. I know he spoke with JasonN before posting to get his OK. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.