Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been going to these crappy ponds behind back yards all summer spring and the weeks of fall we have had. And I am sick and tired of panfish and the ocassional 15in bass and catfish. I live in Evergreen Park and I want a nearby place (in cook county) that is good for walleye and northern where can I go. I dont have a boat. Is there a place that the walleye and northern fishing is good from shore. Is there a place I can rent a boat for cheap. Please get back to me.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Busse, beck, lagoons. I would suggest finding the one fp lake you like to go to the most, then throw pike stuff like spinnerbaits all around it everyday till you find a spot. (I actually caught a walleye on a tiny spinnerbait too so its not out of the question) It might sound crazy, but thats how its done. For the walleye, I have only really had luck vertically jiggin, so you would need a boat for that one (but there are always cheap little boats to be had on craigslist!) Anyway, be persistant. Dont be surprised if you get skunked a few times. The real fish arent as easy as bluegills. They make you work for it, lol. Keep hitting that water till you find the right conditions at the right spot and you will never forget it.

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Since you are in Evergreen Park, Tampier Lake and Saganashkee Slough are your closest forest preserve lakes for walleye. Tampier has some of the best walleye in all Cook County. They can be challenging there however, as the shad population is huge, thus providing plenty of forage for them. But some properly worked crankbaits or live baits can do the trick at Tampier.

Wolf Lake is not to far from you either. Not as many walleye as there used to be, but they are in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.