Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Early last week, I was at Mallard Lake and taking the kayak off of the Explorer and a DuPage County Forest Ranger came up and wanted to see my paperwork and stickers. Showed him and we got got to talking for a few minutes. He asked how the fishing was, and told me that they stocked pike again just a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Andrew_R said:
Steve, what are the water temps now at Mallard, and how accessible are the shorelines?

I'd like to work and walk around the lake and throw the heavy-duty Pike gear and baitcaster one of these days. My creek is starting to slow down, majorly.

thanks. :)
As of Sunday, the water temp was 53 according to my FF. Getting chilly. Shoreline is still as inaccessible as mid-summer. All the cattails are still there, just starting to brown. But bring your waders, there is almost no complete drop-offs anywhere near shore, at least that I've seen. I've seen people wade in there before, so I don't think it would be a problem.
Next time you are by your aunt's (in Wood Dale, right?), head on out.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Andrew_R said:
Aunt lives on Salt Creek in Wood Dale, and grandparents live like a mile away in Bloomingdale.

I thought wading FP lakes is illegal ????
Well, I've seen it done before. I'll just leave it at that. :twisted:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.