Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the next couple months you need to find 20ft of water to catch fish of size consistently or figure out something I haven't yet. There are some spots like that you can get to from shore but they are very limited. We have been slaying them from the boat. Nothing less than 20 fish a day and over 40+ twice in the past month. This is the best fishing I have experienced so I am kinda always trying to keep learning myself in trying different stuff/areas. The fish are all over, you have to key in on certain things like the rapid changes in depth and isolated structure. The techniques are same as you would see on a fishing show I guess, I don't watch much tv but I hear folks talk about it. My theory has always been the bigger the bait the bigger the fish so take from that what you can. I was throwing 4-5 inch grubs in march so use your imagination.

Here is the eye candy

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice fish ! glad ur having a good time with the smallies and too bad ur buddy had to post about ur honey holes .

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He wasn't giving away any specific info I just thought the 3 of us had an agreement of no posting til the end of the season, tired of the bs that goes with posts. Felt bad it made it to that site before here is all lol. Dood knows how to catch fish though that's for sure!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
dang! nice smallies dude! makes perfect sense that the biggest body of water would hold the biggest and most fish of all species. way to find them dude. that can't be an easy thing with sooooooo much water to cover. kudos!!!!

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Just goes to prove that Lake ??? is fast becoming one of the true trophy smallmouth waters in the nation. And right in the Windy City's backyard! Way to get on those bass Jnap!

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice fish.......

It's gotta be tough to breath out there tho....looks like some sort of blue industrial haze in the background..... :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.