Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Water resources Sky Body of water Tree
Does anyone recognize this river from this screen shot? Took it from a video I found online. It’s in Illinois and the DuPage sub-chat seems like the most active one here so I thought I’d throw it out there. Lower Dupe? Des Plaines? Lower Fox?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't think it's the Fox. What were they fishing for, in the video?
If pike, I would lean toward Des Plaines.
If smallies, probably Dupage.
If they were just paddling, no clue! Sorry couldn't help you out much.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it's the Fox. What were they fishing for, in the video?
If pike, I would lean toward Des Plaines.
If smallies, probably Dupage.
If they were just paddling, no clue! Sorry couldn't help you out much.
They were kayaking and just destroying big smallies early season (March/April-ish).

I pulled up Google maps and tried to find that bridge on the Dupe and it didn’t seem to match up with anything I saw all the way down to the confluence with the DPR.

Thanks for taking a look. 👍

·
Registered
497 Posts
This looks like your typical forest preserve foot bridge, but it's not in any place I am familiar with. Could be anywhere really.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TOTALLY shooting in the dark, but maybe Kishwaukee.
Did some Google map work and found a few areas that looked promising with similar bridges but no luck so far. Good shout tho, I might go back and look some more. It’s a long and winding crick lol.

·
Registered
378 Posts
After looking at it it really looks like a bike path Bridge maybe you can use that to help you narrow your search

·
Registered
732 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's the foot bridge south of that spot you've been fishing. PM me the video if you don't want to post it here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm pretty sure that's the foot bridge south of that spot you've been fishing. PM me the video if you don't want to post it here.
That was the first thought I had but it didn’t quite seem to match up. This river seemed bigger relative to the size of the kayaks. DM coming.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Electric tower on left,maybe near power plants,small river off the road the entrance to Heidecke lake,caught smallmouth in it,looks like flat farm land?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes thats the DuPage...just up river of where I grew up...long flat through there...some spots...gets better after the turn at the disappearing island...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts