Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't wait until 5am tomorrow morning. At that time I begin my trek up to the Chippewa Flowage to fish for a week and my pursuit of the fish of 10,000 casts. :D Of course, I will also be targeting LM, SM, and walleye and hopefully will have more success catching them. I doubt I will even see a musky with my luck, but who knows. I hope to come back with some awesome pictures. The weather is supposed to be cloudy/rainy most days so that should mean good fishing.....again, I hope. :? I would love to have a post equal in grandeur to the ones that FishinMatt, Toothdoc, and Islandfisher usually bring back after their trips. 8)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I was up on the Flowage from September 29th to October 6th. The first day was far to windy to even consider fishing so no go that day. On Sunday I got out for about 4 hours before the thunder and lightning moved in. Didn't catch anything that day. Finally got some decent weather on Monday. Went out with a guide for a full day. Overcast all day with a slight breeze. Fished jig and minnow most of the time and caught lots of fish. Ended up with walleye, largemouth, smallmouth, a big crappie, northern pike, and perch. The guide even caught two smaller muskie on the jig and minnow. Spent a few hours casting with the big baits for muskie, but nada. All in all a good day though. The next day got out for 3 hours before the thunderstorms moved back in. Caught a few pike. The next two days were better weather wise, but windy. Got out both days and caught tons of pike, perch, walleye, and a couple of smallmouth. That Friday the storms came back through so no go again. So out of the 7 days I got to fish about half the time. The weather really pissed me off, but nothing I could do. The colors up there though were spectacular. We hit the turning of the leaves at the perfect time. It was still fun though and really quiet. Catching pike up there was like catching bluegill down here. They were everywhere. The biggest was probably 28". Caught quite a few walleye too, with the largest being 18". Not as many bass as I had hoped for. After fishing with the guide I pretty much stuck to jig and minnow fishing with 6-8 pound test line and caught all of my fish on that. I got bit off a few times as well. I will definitely be going back up there in the years to come. It's a great experience. Hopefully the weather will be better next time. :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
sounds like you had one heckof a trip , nice report glad you got
the chance to get up there and get some nice fish . I went to up to Tomahawk one time and had a blast catching walleyes and pike nothing to big but just getting away on the water was great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.