Chicago Fishing Forum banner

NP and calumet river report PICS ADDED

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  catch88 
#1 ·
Headed to the pier with my brother as planned yesterday to check it out. It was slow but we did ok. Caught plenty of dinks n small keepable perch but threw them back hoping for 10" range. My brother outfished me(luck) with a 11" fatty. I caught a duck...2 buoys...scored a bunch of crappie rigs and jigs that were snagged on the buoy, only kept 3 then went to 95th. Thanks for the info btw, did ok. Extrmely windy all day, fishing the bridge was rough. Took home 10. Pics coming later

EDIT:
my brother with his fish and my dink... :roll:

See less See more
#6 ·
Mattchu said:
Well with the addition of those 2 buoys, you can go fishing for sharks and use them as the bobber!
I should keep that in mind for the next time I go to OBX North Carolina. :lol:

Oh and thanks for telling me the 95th st bridge raises up when vessels come through :!: We were a little confused when everyone got off and left us there. The last guy leaving told us though. Thank God he did...We had fun.

#7 ·
From today's SunTimes:

PERCH POACHING: Both longtime Perch America mover Lloyd DeGrane and C. Eric ''Mac'' Sloan, new owner of Mac's Bait Shop on 75th, report poaching and irresponsible handling of the hot perch bite around 92nd and 95th. The daily bag remains 15, and culling a small perch by throwing it off a high bridge is ethically little different than poaching.

=================

Did you see a lot of floaters? Personally, I disagree and think the returned fish should be fine. Releasing a small perch is not culling. Do these guys expect you to keep every fish, which mostly are dinks, get to 15 and go home with them all?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.