Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the NSC with Island from 7:30 to 1:00 hoping to land some lmb, but unfortunately did not. The white perch or white bass(i'm not sure which they were) were biting like they allways are. Got about 6 of then on the crawlers. :( Anyway we tryed 3.5 black finnesse tubes. 3.5 dark green tubes, a couple colors of senko, and nightcrawlers. I also worked red, and green/orange spinners for a little while. Something was jumping like crazy, mostly when we first got there, but we never saw what they were. The nightcrawlers were getting assaulted by the little guys so I guess the bass never had a chance at them. Lacking live minnows I also put vibrotail minnows and bass assassins out to the edge of the current and got nothing.

Oh well, spring will be here soon. :wink:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
This time of year can be tough with crawlers if you can't sight fish. It sounds like it was worth a try. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
No bass was a bummer but I did get to try out the new rod I got for Christmas. (and It was wonderful! :D!)

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice try guys,theres always next time.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Best bet this time of year is the WWD.. Site fish and catch bass
any questions ask Augy he caught more fish Saturday than
all the people there :wink: Oh ya he also lost more then anyone else caught :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts