Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I hit the river again, but not until about 3:45 pm so we only had about an hour to fish. I fished for gamefish with some decent bites but didn't catch any, while my brother was the carp and goldfish master! The water was very high and it was raining on and off but it was still fun catching carp(they always bite when nothing else will)

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Nice carp dude! That spot there by outfall 105 used to be great but not so much since the construction. Hopefully it's on the rebound.

Did you come across any crappie there?

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
No Construction Talk anymore Jason

All The spots are back ! fishing is Heating up on the WHOLE River.

Was Showing you the thread to see if you were interested in the tournament Rich.

Nice Report Keep them coming.

George

:D

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
if it was a koi I'd Be selling 100's of them out of my Koi pond by now :D

unfortunately there not It's another species of gold fish referred to as a Comet. I have no proof that there are koi's in here yet. But have seen two actual Koi's caught out of busse's Main pool.

Good Stuff Keep them coming !

·
Registered
421 Posts

I took this picture about 3 or 4 weeks ago at the WWD, The guy caught it on a minnow after the catch he left with it in a bucket. I think its a koy but I,m not sure.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
There's over i believe from what i can remember 22 different species of koi that is one that closely resembles one plus with the wwd the water temp would really never affect it as it's always a comfortable water temperature that suits the koi i imagine the further in the tunnel they go the warmer the water gets

I'll Google Search and see what i come up with when i get home at 10 tonight.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
i think its a carp but hey it would look kick a$$ in a pond! and if u guys ever catch one dont throw it back you gotta call me somehow? ha ya just i really like those koi/fish. I remember islandfisher gave me one last year and dam it looked very closley to a koi! There are koi in there for sure i know if and some of them can get very nice? anyone got any other pics of koi from wwd or busse?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.