Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Culprit and I met up at 11:00 a.m. and fished until 1:00. The fishing was slow and the water was fast. Aris caught the only bass and I hooked into a few gizzard shad. I believe that he caught the bass on a Mimic Minnow.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Glad you guys got to check out that spot. I hate when the water is high and fast. And as i've said, it can often be challenging finding the right pattern, but the fish are there year-round. And when they are "on", watch out!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Nice to be fishing for bass in late December eh. Nice catch Aris. Doc, you should of cut up them shad for bait. It's legal to do that....I know. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Sure does feel nice catching a bass in late december!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Good job guys, nice to get out and catch some fish in December aint it? I got the skunk scouting some new areas, they all have potential but the high and fast chocolate milk makes it rough.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was nice to get out, but the Busse WWD sort of has us spoiled.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Once you start getting into 17" bass at the NSC during winter, then you'll be spoiled by THAT.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess that it wasn't a good day for the NSC. I'll have to give it another try before passing judgement. I did notice that the color of that bass that Aris caught was very dark. Kinda makes you wonder about the quality of the water there. :shock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts