Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the NSC near Foster again today from 3:30-5:30pm. Temps in the high 70s with light winds out of the southwest. Mostly sunny.

Caught a 14" LM bass that weighed 1 lb 5 oz, two other dink bass, and several gills, all on a roostertail. I landed a few LM bass around 12" that weighed about a pound on Monday afternoon using 4" watermelon colored curly tails, but didn't have any luck with soft plastics today.

I keep on taking my camera with me to the NSC when I fish, but I haven't been snapping pics lately b/c I'm still holding out for the 3 pounder :wink:

P.S. I drove by the Howard area today, but after catching a whiff of the place, I didn't even get out of the car and headed straight for Foster :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only problem I've had from fishing in the river is that my line gets a little dirty after a while, but other than that, no big deal. It's just a slight discoloration (grey-green-ish) and seems to go away immediately the next time you fish in cleaner waters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.