Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the outflow between Oakton and Howard with my cousin this morning. We were using nightcrawlers off the bottom and caught quite a few bluegills and white perch (I think). My cousin caught a giant sucker. My first fish was a decent bass, so I thought we were in for a really good day, but that was the only one.

It's kind of a pain to get to the river; you have to climb down this big hill and concrete sewer structure. I would've had a hell of a time getting back up with my equipment if I didn't have someone there with me. You can seriously mess yourself up if you fall; it's like a 12 foot vertical drop onto concrete and rocks on one side of the climb.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Mandatory Fun said:
I fished the outflow between Oakton and Howard with my cousin this morning. We were using nightcrawlers off the bottom and caught quite a few bluegills and white perch (I think). My cousin caught a giant sucker. My first fish was a decent bass, so I thought we were in for a really good day, but that was the only one.

It's kind of a pain to get to the river; you have to climb down this big hill and concrete sewer structure. I would've had a hell of a time getting back up with my equipment if I didn't have someone there with me. You can seriously mess yourself up if you fall; it's like a 12 foot vertical drop onto concrete and rocks on one side of the climb.
Thanks for the report Mandatory... Who's that in your avatar, is that Micheal Jordan.. if it is, LOL he looks S*on*d :lol:

Dave

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sounds like a decent day there. You are so right about that climb. Maybe we should install a rope ladder. :)

Try minnows off the bottom and you should get hooked up with the bass :wink: They are a pain to bring with, but that is the one place I will never go without them. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.