Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody i am new to this site, i am 14 years old and i was wondering if anyone has fished the north shore country club golf course ponds. I have fished it many times during the summer and have had great success, with a fish 18" or over everytime and many decent sized largemouth. All on light colored crankbaits.

I fished there a week ago and got one largemouth about 15" on a crankbait and my friend lost a 5 lber at shore. There are good crappie, gills and rainbow in here also. In the winter the bluegill and crappie fishing is good on any type of live bait, with a ok chance of largemouth.

They have 3 ponds and the far one on the 15th hole is where the big ones are. This is a great place to go(mainly summer and spring) and i hope some of you will try it out if you have not already.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Hi Ponto. Welcome to the WCF site! The North Shore Country Club is a private course. How do you get onto it?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
lol I always new golf courses were good fishing !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well my freind is a mebr but it doesnt matter you can just walk into the etrance even if your not a member but its kind of tough to get into duri the summer with the golfers.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Sounds a little like the west shore of lake Opeka! Hey Doc is that the course that you live on?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
No, I live on the Glenview public course. No big fish in there, just panfish.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
welcome to the site ponto! :mrgreen: sounds like you got yourself a nice little honey hole. i guess it's a bit easier to fish there since your under age and they probably assume your dad or mom are members. i think it'd be a bit more suspicious for us older gents. :wink:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Older gents? Speak for yourself Augy. I'm still a kid...................................................at heart! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i do know a couple older guys that fish there alot and everytime i go i just ask for permission in the pro shop or just talk to the groundskeeper and if they wont let me then i will just go back home.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
No, North Shore is in Glenview. The entrance is off of Glenview Road, easo of Waukegan Road. You are thinking of Sportsman's on Dundee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts