Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After struggling yesterday finally got on some fish today :D
Picked up 1 on a shakeyheadworm and 2 on a rat-l-trap,also lost 1 at shore when the lure popped free and snagged about a 5lb carp on the end of the tail with the rat-l-trap.
Fished from 11am-1pm.

·
Registered
341 Posts
aris, i actually fished the oakton pond today too, but didn't catch anything. Fished it at 2 and then decided to go to beck. Didn't get anything there either so I just walked around with my cousins boxer and had a blast playing with other dogs.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hey Aris, how fast were you reeling the rattletraps in? I imagine it would be good to bring them in slow. However if you bring it in too slow you have to worry about snags. What was working for you?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After the cast I reel up the slack and just pull the bait at a medium speed reel up slack and pull till u feel the vibration of the bait :)

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I can't believe this... I actually drove right through the Oakton Campus today but didn't stop. Guess my WCF radar knew some members were there! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.