Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been home sick the last few days with the flu and had a serious case of cabin fever. Because of this I decided to go to the pond and get the line wet.

I fished the pond from 9:15am - 10:00am. The wind was coming out of the northeast and the temps were in the low 50's. The fish I caught were all located on the west side of the lake.

The little guy below was caught with a 1/16 oz jig and a black twistertail.

The LM below was caught on a black/gold rattletrap. I caught the him while casting along the concrete wall on the southwest side of the pond.

The fish weren't too big but it was nice catching a non-WWD spring bass. I am so used to using my light action rod that I forgot how it felt to catch one with a 7' baitcaster!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Also fished this pond today from 1:30pm-3pm. Caught a 12" LM on the southeast corner with a blue/chrome ratltrap. Lost a LM on the Northwest corner. They spit the hooks pretty easily on the ratltrap. 2nd one lost this week with this lure. :cry:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hit the pond again from 6:30-7:30pm. Caught two dinks and met spiroh and his brother there. Good news is I have finally achieved no magnetic brake setting while casting!!! :lol: :lol: Boy does the lure go THAT much farther.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Gither03 said:
Hit the pond again from 6:30-7:30pm. Caught two dinks and met spiroh and his brother there. Good news is I have finally achieved no magnetic brake setting while casting!!! :lol: :lol: Boy does the lure go THAT much farther.
Good to meet you man. I ended up catching one dink bass and one bluegill on nightcrawler. My brother had no luck using jigs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.