Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 10am-1:45pm. Saw cubsfan, jason, spiroh and his bro. Caught three LMB:12",17", and 18.5". There were other fish caught by the rest of the crew, but will let them tell their stories. :D

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Fished the pond with Jay tonite we only managed 1 fish each,Jay with a 15`` and me with a 13``.

Heard u guys had a great morning out there :D Seen ur fish Frank ,nice job and that great big smile says it all cant wait for u guys to post some pics :shock:

Great job to all u guys ! now leave my pond alone !!! lol :lol:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL aris thanks. Can't wait for the pictures to go up either, it'll be my first time having my picture on this forum. One more year and I'll be able to get my camera phone!!! Can't wait!!!

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Fished Oakton Pond for the first time today twice. First from 11:30am-2:30pm. Cloudy, SE winds 5-10mph, temps about 60.

Met up with Tony, Frank, Spiroh, and PaulH. Tony and Frank got some real nice bass - up to 19"! I got 3 bass - 10", 14", and 15". Crankbaits and a custom JNap jig did the trick for me.

Then went again from 5:30pm - 7:30pm. Met up with Aris. He got a 13" bass and I got another 15" bass.

Good time!

·
Registered
35 Posts
definitely great day fishin'! wish i could've fished longer but I had to go to work. Caught 3 bass; 1 on a lucky craft rattle trap and 2 on jig and finesse worm.

Jason, is that jig tipped with a plastic craw as a trailer?

·
Registered
396 Posts
well i finally got my bass fix. Also first bass on my baitcaster and on
crank baits. woo hoo!!! started fishing this morning around
7:30 a.m. throwing the popular chrome bleeding rattle trap
and what do you know first bass of the day but lost :cry: .
thats ok though a few minutes later right on the end of the retrieve
dropped it right in front of the drain and up came this huge
18.5 inch bass inhaled the rattle

I then switched to a dt flat shallow shad crank in which i landed this
a 25 inch carp about 10 pounds

lipped and all it was also 4 pound test because i forgot change line
on my spinning rigs :p
moved around a little more and missed a few good ones dinally got a huge 19 incher on a firetiger shallow dt crank

met up with gither then worked are way around not to long he got on
and landed this 18.5 incher

missed some more bass, damn rattle traps and cranks jason showed up later landed a few also but i lost a couple monsters right at the end two in a row what a buzz kill... :cry: one must have at least been 21 inches :shock:
heres one of the other bass i caught it was about 16.5 inches

ill be there again in the morning 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.