Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the OCC Lake from 6pm - 7:40pm. Calm winds after earlier strong winds and rain; sunny hot humid and hazy; temps in the 80's; relentless mosquitoes and biting flies.

Rough start. Wasn't getting a thing on the many baits I was casting. Finally threw out a Rapala Rattle Lure (basically a Rat'L Trap) and got a 14.5" crappie. I believe it's the biggest crappie i've ever caught. This thing was a slab! I'll post the pic soon.

Then right at dark picked up a 15" largemouth bass with the same lure while casting parallel along the south shoreline.

I was all buttered up with DEET flavored OFF, but the damned bugs were very determined out there.

Slow night, but FINALLY a couple of decent fish. That crappie was a spectacle I tell ya!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
We wanna a pic! That is a slabosaurus for a crappie in these parts. Congrats on brushing the skunk. I didn't fair so well on my outing this evening.

JB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.