Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I haven't gone fishing in 7 years and I used to be a big time fisherman back in highschool but in 2000 all my fishing buddies moved away and my father died in 2001 who was my best fishing buddy and that kind of put an end to my fishing.

Anyway I used to fish a local golf course in Northbrook, and this was a good 10 years ago, and I went back there last week and the place was ruined... didn't even look the same! I also used to have access at Baxter's private ponds and there were monster bass in that place, but I've lost that access, so out of depression I decided to try the OCC lake and caught 3 really smalll bass. All my tackle is outta date and my rods and reels are in pretty bad shape but it's nice to be back. I caught 2 one a deep diving Rebel(I think that was the brand) plug that looks like a small large mouth bass, an done on a spinner bait. I'll probably go back there tonight.

Pk

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Welcome to the site, PK!

Glad you've got the desire to fish again. Losing your fishing buddy/father must have tough as hell.

We've got a great bunch of members here and many have recently gotten back the desire to fish after long lay-offs as well.

Any questions you have - just fire away. That's why we're all here.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Welcome to WCF PK. There are a lot of great members here that are in the same boat as you. Many just starting out or just getting back into fishing.

I was one of those people that hadn't fished in a number of years and got back into it about 5 or 6 years ago in a big way. OCC is a good place to fish although I haven't been there in over a month. I believe that the golf course that you are talking about is Anetsberger, There is another member that used to fish there a lot before they revamped the course and reopened it last year in September. He said the same thing about it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
twoglasseyes said:
Welcome pk. Great bunch of guys here, and tons of information on the area. Good luck out there.
Thanks guys, it's great to be "back". I took classes at OCC for two years during my 7 year break from fishing and one of the class I took was about the surrounding environment of OCC. We talked about that lake for a few weeks and I remember the professor said he would go out on the lake twice a year and check the depth and Ph levels. I believe it gets no deeper than 10 feet and at one point it got down to close to 6 feet because of run off from the two parking lots that surround it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
What a coincidence. Yesterday was my first time fishing for a while and I think you were the one I was talking to on the northwest shoreline... Welcome to the site Pk! I left pretty quickly cause I got snagged twice in a row, skunked at beck right beforehand and just wasn't in the mood to re-tie another lure. After not fishing for two months my patience decreased dramatically, LOL! Props for getting out on the water after 7 YEARS!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gither03 said:
What a coincidence. Yesterday was my first time fishing for a while and I think you were the one I was talking to on the northwest shoreline... Welcome to the site Pk! I left pretty quickly cause I got snagged twice in a row, skunked at beck right beforehand and just wasn't in the mood to re-tie another lure. After not fishing for two months my patience decreased dramatically, LOL! Props for getting out on the water after 7 YEARS!
Yeah that was me! It was slow right up till it got dark.

·
Registered
17 Posts
haha gither i lost 5 in one day in the one spot im sooo thinking about jumping in to grab them all haha and i lost one in the tree to the north west corner but ya damn sangs in that lake and i think it was the friday the 13th haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.