Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey I'm dying to get out there. I'm in the Northbrook/Glenview area and I've been watching Anets, the Glen and OCC the past few days.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Pk said:
Hey I'm dying to get out there. I'm in the Northbrook/Glenview area and I've been watching Anets, the Glen and OCC the past few days.
Can't fish the Glen until May 15th. They have restrictions there and only allow fishing for a 6-month period. I wouldn't risk getting a ticket just to fish that place.

·
Registered
339 Posts
ClancyWiggum said:
Pk said:
Can't fish the Glen until May 15th. They have restrictions there and only allow fishing for a 6-month period. I wouldn't risk getting a ticket just to fish that place.
Oh yeah I know. I just pass it everyday and look. But sometimes I think the ice won't be gone by May 15th. No eye candy in that area anymore either... if you know what I'm gettin at. :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I have class their tomorrow and was really hoping to stay and wet a line for a couple of hours. Unfortunately the winter that never ends has other plans. :evil: I really like this pond and have fished there since before I found this sight, having been taking part time classes their for the last few years. As for the legality. I think the sign in the northwest corner of the northwest parking lot used to say no fishing after the litany of other rules, but somebody painted over it. Hopefully Oakton and not a fisherman. The campus security has always been friendly though. The only problem is that several times last year I found (and removed) beer cans and bait containers from the shoreline. Not as bad as the filth at the Lagoons, but still a real blight on how well we are perceived their. Hopefully the college will continue to tolerate us, because that is my favorite unofficial Cook County Forest Preserve lake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, Sarge you can park your car there. Plenty of parking and no real worries, especially parking in the back where the access is a little better. My buddy even locked his keys in his truck:oops: and the campus safety guys openned it up without any negative comments what-so-ever. Not stocked but connected to DPR during high water levels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.