Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the OCC twice today. First from 10:30am-12:30pm. Then again from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Temps in upper 30's all day. Mixed sun and high clouds. Strong SE winds.

The morning jaunt landed me nothing. Worked several crankbaits and even a nightcrawler. Zilch.

The evening outing finally got me on some bass. Landed 4 largemouth bass, all 14.5" - 15.5". All were caught on Rat'L Traps.

Sure felt nice to get on my first bass in 2008!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Bass Jason! 8) Yea I only got out 2 times on open water and only got one bass at 12 inches. I might have to give OCC a try sometime. Thanks for the report and Nice Bass again :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
Congrats on getting on some fish. :D

I was out there from 3:45 until about 6:15 and didn't catch a thing. I had 3 bites total. One fish was on for a total of 3 seconds and I had one completely bite off my lure (it was probably a pike). I will just have to wait for my first fish of this year. I am suprised I didn't see you out there since it's not that big a pond. I sometimes wonder why I keep going back there. I have fished there 5 times in the last year and have never caught anything longer than 6 inches.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude, I thought that was you! Sorry I didn't recognize you :oops: - guess I was just so focused on getting on some fish. 8)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Aw man. I didn't really get a good look at you so I didn't recognize you either. That's what happens when you bundle up for the frigid cold. That wind was brutal. :(

Alright, so assuming I can make it out tomorrow morning what time are we looking at?? With potential rain and the new baby I can't promise I can make it, but I can certainly try depending on the time. :?

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Got skills Jay...nice bass :wink:

That's why we come to the site....

SO

Rat'L Traps aye ...Hhmmmm? :?: (nice thing about this site....we don't hold back any info)

Some nice pre-spwawn bass at the OXX. Jason!!!!!

JasonN said:
Dude, I thought that was you! Sorry I didn't recognize you :oops: -)
LOL.......it's early !!!!!

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fishinnut... the OCC has kinda been a topic of debate here for some time now.

First, it's not exactly a public lake. It IS on private property, but they have been cool with people fishing there so far.

Second, as site admin it would be wrong to give out specific information about it. I did in the past, but really can't now. In fact, calling it "OCC" is probably giving it away anyways.

Third, it is NOT Big Bend Lake (though it is very near Big Bend Lake). I hate when people call it that because it is deceiving to others. I know it is done jokingly though.

Take a look through earlier posts on the site and you'll be able to figure out what "OCC" is. The key my friend is "OCC". :wink:

·
Registered
597 Posts
JasonN said:
Fishinnut... the OCC has kinda been a topic of debate here for some time now.

First, it's not exactly a public lake. It IS on private property, but they have been cool with people fishing there so far.

Second, as site admin it would be wrong to give out specific information about it. I did in the past, but really can't now. In fact, calling it "OCC" is probably giving it away anyways.

Third, it is NOT Big Bend Lake (though it is very near Big Bend Lake). I hate when people call it that because it is deceiving to others. I know it is done jokingly though.

Take a look through earlier posts on the site and you'll be able to figure out what "OCC" is. The key my friend is "OCC". :wink:
thanks i figured it out there are post that just give it away.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Nice job Jay. I was out there yesterday and fished from about 1 to 3. Got the skunk. :( There was a guy fishing with minnows and landed 4 bass while I was there in less than an hour.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice fish Jason...it's a good feeling to get the first seasonal bass under the belt! Many more to come I'm sure!

Wrenchingnfishing wrote:

Yea I only got out 2 times on open water and only got one bass at 12 inches.
For some reason....I don't feel bad for you. :lol: Must have been all those HUGE fish thru the ice. Just kidding.....I'm sure the day was just a fluke. You'll be slaying tomorrow I'm sure.

JB

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.