Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked the lake at OCC from 6:30pm - 8pm. Mostly cloudy with brief periods of sun; very strong SW winds; a brief shower or two.

I'm one of those people who HATES windy conditions for fishing. That's why I haven't fished all this week. But I had to get out and figured the OCC lake would be the best opportunity because the lake is a few feet below ground level with protection from the wind from the school.

Worked crankbaits, and Senko's. The crankbaits seemed to to the trick, though it was a slow outing. Got 3 largemouth bass all 12" - 13". It was basically one-and-done at each spot. All fish were caught by casting parallel to the shore about 4 feet out.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I don't like the wind much either and today it was bad enough to keep me inside. Good to see you got out and caught a few. Not a bad haul for an hour and a half. I may be hitting up the pond this weekend and I am hoping the weather shift won't completely shut them down. Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Good Job Jay...Wind wussy that I am also . Wind over 20 mph... it's a battle and the trees in my hood were just getting thrashed.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
fished it the night before and landed 5 bass from 8-9pm. nothing huge. all around 12-13". yum gonzo grub in black/purple worked along the shoreline in the NW corner just north of the point. fun fun fun!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Nice fish. The black and blue have been the way to go. My black and blue spinnerbaits have been doing quite well lately. I bet the weeds arnt as bad as beck over there at oakton. I tried beck yesterday night, but should've went by oakton. Only gonna try beck from boat for a while now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.