Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great day and wrap-up to our 2008 tournament season. The fish didn't exactly cooperate as much as we would have liked, but is was another awesome time.

Temps reaching the upper 70's by noon, very light SE winds, bright sun.

MadCraw took honors for total fish and big fish. I don't have the exact numbers but someone will post. And congrats to Tony (#1cubsfan) on winning Angler of the Year!

We had a mix of WCF veterans and rookies to make this another successful event.

A HUGE thank you to everyone for participating and making 2008 the best year for our tournament trail, as well as for this website.

·
Registered
953 Posts
It was very tough conditions with clear blue skies and very little wind. At times it was almost dead calm. Tough indeed. It was a good turnout though. And a great photo to top it off! :D :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Tough is not the word I would use for today. I would say the fish had
a extreme case of lockjaw! Still had a good time. Congrats to madcraw
for his victories, great job.
Great to see everyone show up for the last official event.
I did however limit out on bee killing for the day though. :shock:
Killed more bees than caught fish. :cry:
Fun times. :lol:
Forgot to add, as for the cool picture, that is deffinatley a gangly looking
group, now isn't it? :lol:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
1st- MadCraw77 4.15lbs with big bass 3.3lbs
2nd- Basscaster 4.12lbs
3rd- #1 Cubsfan 3.4lbs
4th- FishinMatt 2.9lbs
5th- Jaypee the HHF 2.7lbs
6th- Bucketmouth 1.8lbs
7th- Skunkedagain 1.4lbs
8th-19th SKUNKED!
What a tough day! Congrats to Al, thank god for that bluegill in that 3lbers stomach, huh? Made ya another $200! Such a tough bite! I had a couple of opportunities to catch some fish. Just didn't follow through! All well, like Cubs fans always say, there's always next year!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm so sorry guys. Yesterday I whacked all the bass in deep lake and sore mouthed them. I mean all 20,000 bass in the lake! Next time I will be careful not to do it before a tournament. That was so stupid of me. So blame me for the bad fishing today. My lack of consideration makes me feel horrible. Next time I will limit it to only 8,000 bass caught the day before a tournament. Please accept my apologies.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Congrats to MadCraw and #1cubsfan.

You guys rock! Even though the fish did not cooperate, I had a blast. I look forward to more outings in the future; it sucks that this was the last one for the season. I have never been around a group as friendly and welcoming as you guys.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
You are such a ROOtard! You are lucky that I know your disturbed sense of humor. :p

·
Registered
400 Posts
You are correct, but it looked like good lure fetching pic. There was a cache up in this tree about 20' off the ground. If I would have caught a decent fish today I would have updated my profile pic. :D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Despite the tough fishing, I still had a great time. The weather was beautiful again and the outing was a great success (mostly for the fish). Can't wait til the next one. Any chance of a "just for fun" tourney in November?

·
Registered
160 Posts
thank you all as i had a good time as usual. who would have thought my two fish consistincy at deep would hold up to win a tournament. :lol: fun times cant wait for next year! and maybe even a wwd outing this winter.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Great fishing this year Tony and congrats on AOY ! :D

Great job & congrats on big fish and the win Alex ! :D

Good time as always out there guys , always great to meet a few more anglers every time out :)

Good job everyone on making this such a fun event 8)

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Even though it was a tough bite, you could not of asked for a better day to fish. Congrats to MadCraw for the sweep and Tony for clinching AOY.
I thought it would be a great day after getting a blowup on my first cast but it was really slow for us. I lost one keeper at the boat, missed a couple bites, and caught a few dinks, but really had to work for everything and feel fortunate to have landed one keeper on a day like that.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Congrats on AOY, Tony. It was fun watching you guys catch tons of fish. Congrats also to Alex for putting an impressive show yesterday.

Jaypee and I were talking about hitting Deep one last time in the next several weeks. I'd be up for an informal gathering.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I used a black spinner today at Bangs Lake that I tried at Deep Lake for the tournament. It is a damn good thing that I did not have any hits as I noticed the protective plastic still on the tip. :oops:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Congrats Al on the win and Tony for getting AOY.

And it wasn't just a rough day on Deep, I was fishing my club's Classic on Lk Wisc and things were very s l o w. But it sure was a beautiful day. Good fishing. Paul

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.