Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't wake up early enough to be there at sunrise. Got there around 9AM. I usually walk the entire lake and work artificials. However, I was not up for that. Therefore, I bought a dozen crawlers and brought my Dick's Sporting Goods foldable chair. I also made a stop at McDonald's and got me a #2 meal with large coffee.

Worked the NW corner just after the pipe. I casted a crawler with a split shot and placed it in the rod holder. I took my baitcaster and fished senkos. I did both while sitting in my chair. It was beautiful. Oh yeah, I was also listening to tunes on my iPod. I didn't catch a thing but it was nice just to be out there. Left at 12:30PM so that I can watch come football.

Couple observations:

1. The weed growth has really increased on the western side of the lake. I don't remember that two months ago.
2. The remote control sailboat club was out there in full force. I was thinking...can one of those things take your bait out to the middle of the lake and release it? I'm sure there are some productive spots that are in the middle of the lake.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Sometimes outings like that can be the most relaxing and still fun. Glad you had a nice time!

I've always wondered about up lures to those boats. Imagine trolling the whole lake with an R/C boat! 8)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That boat is awesome! GPS and depth finder?!

Try imagine this: you get that boat and troll a crankbait through the lake. When a decent LMB hits that lure, I wonder what happens to the boat? I've seen mini-reels, so that may be an option. I guess you can back down on the fish like they do when they fight big marlin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.