Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and stayed at woodsmoke ranch this past weekend and we drove to heidecke lake to do some shore fishing. It was all of our first times there and not a single one of us caught anything there were five of us! And we all fish differently I dont know if it was us or the fish but we were out there for 5 hours and nothing...:( Hopefully next time we can rent a boat and go out on the lake but man at least something. Oh yeah had a water snake hiss at my brother too that was hilarious. never seen him run and scream like a girl before lol:)

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Shannon. Believe me, i've had many outings like that at Heidecke.

The thing is, that lake ALWAYS has the possibility of producing a monster fish. But when the action is slow, it seems to completely shut down.

Don't worry though, you're not the only one to get the skunk at Heidecke. :oops:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Never been there before, but I hear good things and have seen some awesome results from others so definitely don't give up on it.

If you really want to see fish caught, and catch fish yourself, you should join us for one of the tournament gatherings. It's like the Bassmasters......well, except for the big money and prizes. We do have WCF celebrities though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.