Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to try a new place to fish for a while so I decided to hit up Old School Pond as it's within 20 minutes of my house. I had heard there was some decent bass fishing there. I had a pretty good day. Much better than most of my recent weekend outings. I fished from 6:30 until 11:00 and pulled in 5 bass and missed a few other hits (although they could have been bluegill). I got two bass in the 8" range, two in the 13" range, and one that was 14.5". All of the bass were either on a senko or a trick worm. The lake is fairly small at 12 acres, but access is somewhat limited due to heavy cattail growth. The lake is also very weedy in many spots so anything other than plastics or potentially some topwater lures is tough right now. All in all I think it was a great way to break in a nice little lake. They have a 15" minimum so I have to believe there are some better fish in there. At one point I saw what had to be at least a 24" channel catfish swim by so it's got some nice cats in it too, although they aren't my thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.