Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got back to the "pond" after work today. I haven't been doing very well there so far this year. That is until today. I decided to try a slim Senko on a shaky head. Because that is all I had with me. It worked quite well. Picked up 3 nice bass in about 2 and a half hours.

This was the first one. 2 lbs. 4 oz.

#2 was the hog of the 3. 4 lbs. 1 oz.

#3 was no slouch at 3 lbs. 6 oz.

Overall, glad to get away from all the dinks I have been catching this spring so far. I guess it took a little different approach.

[/img]

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JasonN said:
Nice job catching some quality fish.

But are they dead? :shock:
LOL, no all released. Fishing by yourself sucks for pictures. So, I like to lay them gently on the grass and try to leave there mouth open. This seems to freeze them for a few seconds so you can snap a decent pic and they don't flop and injure themselves. I went out there today and they were still in the same spots they were yesterday. I managed 2 more small ones and my daughter caught a sunfish. I actually saw probably the biggest fish I have seen in my life. I think it was a cat or a carp. I hate to speculate on how big it was, but it was a friggin tank. The shadow was huge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.