Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone launch their own boat here? If so what are restrictions, fees etc. all that stuff. My dad and I are looking to take the boat out fishing somewhere close by tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts

Head to Deep Lake your closer (right up the street)... pay $15.00 to rent

Catch some big bass :wink:

if your going to head down this way Busse is a nice choice also "free" launch. Opeka you have to pay to fish and pay to launch..I think... it's also a small lake comparied to Deep or Busse....my 2 cents

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I live in Grayslake with my mom but Im at my dads in Northbrook and we want to take his boat out somewhere close.

Oh maybe this will help its an 18 ft bass boat with a 140 hp motor, so idk if thats allowed on opeka, just asking Cause i noticed from other posts people take boats out on it

oh and btw is there an age restriction to rent at deep?

·
Registered
702 Posts
You might get on Opeka with that, but cannot use your motor at all. You might get away with the trolling motor. Fee to launch is 15 bucks and then another 10 or so to fish for the day, each. With a boat that size it ain't worth it. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.