Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, so I paid the 18 bucks for the launch and the pass and decided to dump the boat in this little pond for this first time... Launched at 9:15 and was off at 4pm... Not a bad day... Started on the SW end in 18 feet of water and got beat up by the wind... Backed off to the calmer north end of the lake in front of the church...

About 11:30 got my first good bite on a drop shot and watermelon 6 inch finesse worm and boated an 11 inch bass... Ok, typical for this lake... After that, nothing for a while... Moved around and then ended up on the SE end of the lake where I found a weed bed and boated a 12 inch monster on a red lipless crankbait around 2pm...

Stayed on that weedbed and finally got the quality bites I had been looking for... 2 solid keepers, 16 and 17 inches on a bomber chartreuse/purple 8-10 foot diving crankbait... Both caught in 8 feet of water, the first practically right under the boat on as I was bringing it up...

4 fish for the day... Had to work hard for them but made good on almost every bite... Did get bit off with a black lizard in that same weedbed too... Attached are photos of the two good ones... Might consider this spot again, just not that excited about paying $18 to fish it considering they won't let you launch earlier than 9 am... - BPM

·
Registered
702 Posts
Wait a minute...9am? Did they change the launch time? It has been 11am. Not that I could get there any more anyway. But if it is 9am on weekdays then I might make a bit more effort. What was the launch fee without the 18 fishing pass?

Anyway, nice going!

From boat, on the sw corner there are good drops and submerged logs and such. Also, that drainage pipe on the golf course side has a real sweet spot and drop off. And supposedly, the little club house on the east side is where a feeder pipe comes in, somewhere out a bit from shore. Just some thoughts if you head out on boat again.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I showed up at 9:15 and the kid was already there... Said he had been there since 9 and that he is usually there around 9... Caught me by surprise as I expected to wait until 10... You are correct, $10 to launch and $8 for the pass... Hope this helps... - BPM

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Ya, the kid there usually is there around 9 now... congrats on the 16 and 17, the past few times ive been on a boat that seems just about average for this time of year... thats awesome! invite me next time you go out :lol: glad you had fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.