Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Big Bend yesterday and it was completely open! It was about 50 degrees,very windy,30mph but nice to fish open water. Lots of very large dead chad everywhere.Threw rattle traps,spinner baits and some plastics for about an hour but got skunked. Can't wait to get the little boat out soon!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
It's about friggin' time. Now they are calling for the temps to go back down for a few days, but the sustained warmer days are coming soon. I might need to hit up the pond by my house tonight for an hour or so. I will most definitely have to get out sometime this weekend for a few hours. Anybody going anywhere specific this weekend? "Big Bend" maybe???

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I went to the Big Bend yesterday in the late afternoon and it was still iced up. :? There was some open water along the western and northern shores out about 20 or 30 feet. It was sure windy yesterday.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Did you guys see the construction project at the north end. Or is it done now. A week ago it was only open water around the pipe outlet on the north end, and they had driven a temporary retaining wall in surronding it and were pumping the water out with a gas powered pump. :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.