Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly, it usually opens up mid-march and on a Wednesday. That would put it at March 18th this year. I tried looking for the 2009 regs online to confirm but it does not appear they have come out yet. I really would like to know as well!!!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Paul S said:
I think I'll be fishing the Saturday as well. How is line getting into the boat launch?
Lots of fisherman will get there the night before and get in line at night and sleep in there trucks. I did it one time before years back with a buddy. We were like the 10th or 11th one to launch. I believe they only allow 40 boats. FishinMatt is the man on this Lake. he will know more. Correct me if im wrong matt as im not sure if things have changed. I can already picture hitting some bass on Lasalle... 8) :p

Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
traditionally the lake opens on march 15, regardless of what day that turns out to be, also typically closes on oct 15.

there is usually always a line and many people do show up hours early if not the night before, but i dont think it is necessary. if you can be there and in line by 6, you shouldnt be on the street, but if the weather is good, that line can be pretty big.

people fishing from shore will be forced to park in the rear parking lot and you will have to wait unneccesarily in line while the boaters get their stuff squared away, it would be great if they could find a way to bring in the shore fishermen so we dont have to wait for some idiot to try and start his boat for the 1st time that season. sorry, too early to vent about that.

all that aside, opening day at lasalle is one of my most favorite days each year....havent been skunked yet....smallies and stripers i will see you 3/15/09.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
There ya go. The 15th is on a Sunday, so expect some huge lines that day. Last year I went the 2nd day and we ended up getting there about 1A and slept in the truck until it opened. I think we were 3rd of 4th in line. It will initially be closed Mondays and Tuesdays, so that following Wednesday would be a really go day to go IMO. We caught tons of fish the last few years, but last year Legend pulled in some of the nicest hybrids I've seen in awhile out there off the shore on opening day. I can't wait :wink: I started to get into pulling boards last year so this year I really want to try to dial that in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
matt, i am pretty sure i rode right past you and legend last year. i hook up an old lady shopping cart to the back of my bike and take a 3 mile ride one way to hit the spot. i nailed a 12lb hybrid on opening day about 8 years ago, it is the only fish i have ever put on the wall. 24" long with a 25" girth. thank god chuck was still running the van service at that point.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
bottomdweller76 said:
matt, i am pretty sure i rode right past you and legend last year. i hook up an old lady shopping cart to the back of my bike and take a 3 mile ride one way to hit the spot. i nailed a 12lb hybrid on opening day about 8 years ago, it is the only fish i have ever put on the wall. 24" long with a 25" girth. thank god chuck was still running the van service at that point.
25" Girth that must been a pig. Here is a 24" Hybrid caught last year on opening day but it was like 5-6#s.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm sure I could look this up myself, but it is just so much easier to ask this while a thread is convenient :wink:

Are there any HP restrictions for this lake? I just got a boat in November, and will be looking for somewhere to run the maiden voyage as soon as possible, and LaSalle's opener sounds good to me! (wel, maybe a few days later when the crowd has died down a bit... :idea:

90HP is ok to run out there?

Fishin Matt...I've heard that name before.......Yep, you can't hide from me here!!! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Hey Darren, welcome to WCF :? :lol:

You are good to go with a 90HP. If anything I know they have or used to have minimum size restrictions because Lasalle can turn really ugly in a heartbeat. Plenty of boats have been totaled along the rip rap over the years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.