Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is around the early 80's or so. I guess the fish didn't start getting smaller 'tll our generation took over. :?

This next part has a little bit of a story. My cousin, Chris, was about 6 or 7 years old when he was traveling with gram and gramps in the truck/camper (way before motor home days). He kept pestering gramps but gramps was busy driving and did not want to be bothered. Chris was told to sit down and be quite several times. Within a few minutes my gram noticed someone passing them that had a boat just like theirs. Only then did she notice that the strange twin boat was not being hauled by ANYTHING.... :oops:

There is another pic of the trailer wedged in the ground that we are looking for but you get the idea.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Those are some big salmon. Those old pics are always cool to see. I would have to look twice if I saw the boat passing me with no truck. :lol:

Looks like you followed the right path in the family with fishing and all. Keep up the great fishn'! 8)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WrenchingnFishing said:
Looks like you followed the right path in the family with fishing and all. Keep up the great fishn'! 8)
Maybe gramps and I are BOTH related to Bill Dance! :shock: In case nobody picked up on the first part of the story, my cousin was trying to tell gramps that the boat was coming loose. DOH

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
twoglasseyes said:
Thats funny about the boat. What good luck it didnt roll and completely destroy it! :shock:
That is that Bill Dance luck....it runs in the family. LOL

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I love the Bill Dance where his cameraman is backing boat down the ramp, but there is no pin through the reciever or something, so when Bill powers off he takes the traler, still strapped to the boat, with him.

"Wheres the trailer Bill?!?!?!?" :lol: Priceless

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do love the stories. My uncle was able to record some of his stories a couple of years ago and he put them all on CD's for the family. He had everything from WWII stories to fishing to hunting. Some are just amazing.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I want one of those cars in mint condition... I'm just drewling on what I can do to it now!!! :p

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WrenchingnFishing said:
I want one of those cars in mint condition... I'm just drewling on what I can do to it now!!! :p
You would just bring it to Sycamore doof!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
koolaid2313 said:
WrenchingnFishing said:
You would just bring it to Sycamore doof!
LOL, probably!! :lol:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
twoglasseyes mentioned it was a lincoln. I would have to ask gram if she remembers. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gram just found the pic of the trailer so I thougt I would share it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.