Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to partner up for a late May, early June trip to the U.P. Over the years the people I have taking this annual trip with have moved, shipped out, or are too busy keeping their jobs to go. Accommodations will be a HUNTING cabin on 50 arces surrounded by National forest. The cabin is on a lake but the fishing hasn't been the greatest for a few years. It's about a half hour ride to more productive lakes or rivers. I have access to a small boat with a 40 horse, depth finder and trolling motor and I will drive. as for fish we target I've mostly targeted bass but wouldn't mind targeting musky and pike or eyes.

Fair warning I drink and swear but I am respectful and not an asshole. also, my Chocolate lab Kaiser will be coming as well so if you don't like dogs piss off. If your interested send me a pm.

Here's a couple photos from the cabin

a couple bass

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike,
We don't head out to superior never had boat that would handle it. I've been working my way up though. First it was just canoes, then a 15' foot with a 9.9, now a 16' with a 40 hp.

Ron,
I'll need to look for those headless perch, might be hard to target without a mouth though.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hoffman said:
Mike,
We don't head out to superior never had boat that would handle it. I've been working my way up though. First it was just canoes, then a 15' foot with a 9.9, now a 16' with a 40 hp.
Superior on piers!! I've also seen guys do it on boat, fishing a bay I know of that is protected by the violence of Lake Superior.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jaypee,

I go up for a week or so leave around 6am Friday or Saturday and return the following Saturday. It's a five to six hour drive up.

Never fished for whitefish, from where we are I think Lake S is about a 2- 3 hour cruise.

Ron,
It's lake marianne (sp?) the cabin is just outside of watersmeet.

http://www.watersmeet.org/

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Hoffman said:
It's lake marianne (sp?) the cabin is just outside of watersmeet.
I drive through Watersmeet to get to my holes and the headless perch was caught 20 miles from there. I had a feeling the pics were in the western UP. The lake looks so much like Courtney Lake and Bob's Lake that aren't far away.

Gotta love Watersmeet

·
Registered
658 Posts
Fair warning I drink and swear but I am respectful and not an asshole. also, my Chocolate lab Kaiser will be coming as well so if you don't like dogs piss off If your interested send me a pm.

Post of the year as far as I'm concerned. LOL

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Hoffman said:
That would have been awesome if you could have made it Matt. When are you guys due? should be soon right?
She actually was born on Jan. 30th, so she is 7 weeks old today :D Time flies, eh? Just seeing how much time and effort is involved in taking care of her, I don't think I would have a wife anymore if I took another big fishing trip this year :p
Whoever gets to up with you will have a great time. Guys, Nathan can also cook up a storm too 8)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thought she was born already and I thought I congratulated you as well. I'm retarded I ate too many paint chips as a kid. WELL congrats again!!!

Just like the cubs there's always next year. Wait wait this is the year for the cubs!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Sounds like fun. I'm supposed to be heading about 100 miles east of there (gladstone) in July. Two years ago I would of jumped at the chance to do two trips up there, but with two little ones (latest one born feb 9th) at home now passes for things like that are rare. Hope you have a great time :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Erik, Congradulations to you also. Heading down to the river in a minute. Well after I track down the wrong UPS truck that has 6 of my rods. that he is trying to deliver to the wrong address. :evil:

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Hoffman said:
Thanks Erik, Congradulations to you also. Heading down to the river in a minute. Well after I track down the wrong UPS truck that has 6 of my rods. that he is trying to deliver to the wrong address. :evil:
Well, that's weird. UPS just delivered 6 rods to my house. I gave my wife a huge hug and kiss for the gift. She swears she knows nothing about the package but I appreciate her generosity none-the-less.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.