Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to get sick of Illinois fishing... :lol: Good thing I head up north in a week 'cause this is starting to get old.

I've been fishing the same place I've been fishing every day - the creek right in my backyard - Salt Creek.

I've been fishing a whole bunch of places such as places deep in the woods, to more urbanized areas such as man-made concrete structures and drainage pipes located on the shorelines, as well as below the bridges of busy streets.

I never see anyone else fish the places I'm always at. Public Access is pretty much non-existent. GOOD!

These photos date back to May 24th, and are up to the present.

taken below a bridge.

18" walleye - before an incoming front that produced zero rain, but a ton of wind.

15" memorial day walleye

12-inch Crappie.

Deep in the woods - you often find lots of strong-fighting Creek Chubs. They're fun to mess around with on the light tackle. This was an 11-inch specimen, this was one of my largest ever.

Since I've been getting tired of catching the usual species I normally catch from here, I've decided to concentrate my efforts on the much-abundant, yet chemically contaminated Common Carp.

At my website, my guys and I are having a 14-person on-line tournament for the Rough Fish species. I thought I should try something new cause my goal is to keep up with the rough fish "professionals" who are in the game.

This was from this past Friday - was 1 for 2 in just 90mins before a HUGE t-storm came. I was fishing off a muddy shoreline at an area where I often see carp congregating and schooling. Good thing I had the waders on, but they did not save me from getting all down & dirty with the carp. It was still fun.

It amazes me that people have the patience to sit all day in their lawn-chairs for 3hrs at a time and wait for these fish to bite.. I tried it again today and after an hour of zero bites, I fell asleep in my chair. It was torture & boredom. :lol:

I think that's about it. Any questions besides locations and etc. etc. just ask.

Good fishing.

andrew

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Nice, Andrew. Glad too hear yoiu have some good spots around here. I know what you mean about fishing around here, and how it can wear on you when you are so close to some really nice fishing up north. Where do you fish up there? Good luck when you go.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Andrew it sure looks like you know how to catch fish in the local waters. We are looking forward to your posts from up north. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.