Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Past week of fishing (photos)

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  molson 
#1 ·
I'm starting to get sick of Illinois fishing... :lol: Good thing I head up north in a week 'cause this is starting to get old.

I've been fishing the same place I've been fishing every day - the creek right in my backyard - Salt Creek.

I've been fishing a whole bunch of places such as places deep in the woods, to more urbanized areas such as man-made concrete structures and drainage pipes located on the shorelines, as well as below the bridges of busy streets.

I never see anyone else fish the places I'm always at. Public Access is pretty much non-existent. GOOD!

These photos date back to May 24th, and are up to the present.

taken below a bridge.

18" walleye - before an incoming front that produced zero rain, but a ton of wind.

15" memorial day walleye

12-inch Crappie.

Deep in the woods - you often find lots of strong-fighting Creek Chubs. They're fun to mess around with on the light tackle. This was an 11-inch specimen, this was one of my largest ever.

Since I've been getting tired of catching the usual species I normally catch from here, I've decided to concentrate my efforts on the much-abundant, yet chemically contaminated Common Carp.

At my website, my guys and I are having a 14-person on-line tournament for the Rough Fish species. I thought I should try something new cause my goal is to keep up with the rough fish "professionals" who are in the game.

This was from this past Friday - was 1 for 2 in just 90mins before a HUGE t-storm came. I was fishing off a muddy shoreline at an area where I often see carp congregating and schooling. Good thing I had the waders on, but they did not save me from getting all down & dirty with the carp. It was still fun.

It amazes me that people have the patience to sit all day in their lawn-chairs for 3hrs at a time and wait for these fish to bite.. I tried it again today and after an hour of zero bites, I fell asleep in my chair. It was torture & boredom. :lol:

I think that's about it. Any questions besides locations and etc. etc. just ask.

Good fishing.

andrew

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.