Chicago Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back at home now for a few days to take a break before I head back up again for another 7 or 8 or 9 days worth of fishing.

Fished 15 lakes and 1 river last week.
Bass species still in pre-spawn but are already doing in full-force on the smaller 100-or-less acre lakes.

Biggest Smallies went up to 19.5" on the Wisconsin River and I caught several in the 17 and 18 inch range while on a float trip with my little boat + outboard. On the lakes, it was slow fishing for them with cold fronts and all. They are about two weeks behind schedule for that hard and good bite. Let's give it a week on those larger lakes.

As for the Pike, they are biting strong right now but I had troubles cracking anything over the 30-inch mark. Got a pair of 30's from two separate lakes this week. Swimbaits.

Didn't fish for panfish at all so who cares about them.

Did the Muskies for two days and fishing for them was awesome yet all the other guys including guides I spoke with at the landings and shops said that fishing for them sucked. I guess I was doing something right by fishing in shallow water (2 to 3ft deep) with smaller #4 and 5 blades on those shallower weedy lakes that warm quickly.

I don't have time to provide you guys with any links or write stories and then get bashed by toothdoc and co. for providing them, so here are a few quick photos for you to enjoy.

Got questions, please ask and I will try to come back when time allows. I leave for the next round on Thursday with my good buddy.

same fish as above - 40" female and beat up from recent spawn.

30" - float trip

36"

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Andrew_R said:
I don't have time to provide you guys with any links or write stories and then get bashed by toothdoc and co. for providing them, so here are a few quick photos for you to enjoy.
As soon as you start treating other with respect by using the Golden Rule, you will get some back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.