Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to MI Sunday to do some work around the cottage. The weather was a little crazy. Snow then rain and more snow, but I did manage to spend a little time fishing.

this was the only one I caught...

Paw, Paw River

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah I've caught just about every fish possible out of this river. The salmon run was kind of slow here this year, but caught lots of other good fish. The walleye here have such a beautiful color this time of year! The whole state of Michigan has always been a great place for me to fish, especially this year!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it's great, only about a 2 or 2 and a half hour drive from Chicago. There are so many different lakes within minutes of each other. The best part is most of these lakes are natural and have a small branch of the Paw, Paw river runing through it, so you never know what your going to catch!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have caught steelhead, browns and have seen people catch kings, but never coho. I don't really fish for salmon that much in Michigan. If you're looking for salmon in this river, I was told the early spring and fall are the best times.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Eye Rich!! That River Looks Beautiful too!!! That looks like a spot that would be killer to swing some flies for some steelies! :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.