Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any good spots to hit in peoria,il area, im taking next week off work and going down there to fish some ponds and the illinois river for some cats.... last year was very productive i caught more bass down there in one week then i did here in chicago in probably 4 months lol, any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
ha cool that your going to Peoria. I'm from there actually. You should look up Spring lake if you haven't already. Good bass fishing, even musky stocked out there. There is a lake called Bowen lake (small pond) on Rt. 24 by Washington. Good spot for bass. For catfish I would check out the Illinois River near Powerton. There is a big power plant there and the fishing is pretty outstanding at times. Big cats and Big carp. A LOT of the silver asian carp are there throughout the Illinois River. Lots of ponds in the surrounding towns outside Peoria. Some really good strip mine lakes that are extremely deep too. If you make the drive to Kewanee (30 miles northwest of Peoria maybe) there is a lake called Lake Johnson Sauk-that place has really cheap 24 hour boat rentals and is loaded with catfish.

I just fished some ponds downstate and had some decent luck. Seems like the fishing is just better downstate, let me know how it goes.

B

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so far as planned we are hitting lake powerton, bowen lake and 3 private ponds out there and the illinois river, wish they had a bass pro shops out there but i guess the gander mountain will do.... its going to be my first time catching a blue catfish hopefully they got size too em

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
yeah unfortunately no bass pro. as you said there is gander mountain and a Dicks not far from each other.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
only reason we don't hit cats here in the Chi is becasue I'm to much of a BASS TARD... Cum on i know u get it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If it aint green... then i dnt want it. Especially in da Spring!/summer!

Yea.. You wake up n Have your coffee in the morning..

Well Every morning i start my day off with a fat a$$ BASS!!

I'm ready for peoria :mrgreen:

If it ain't a city bass...

It's an easy bass.

- GEO

:mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.