Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Hit the lakefront this morning, started at 445 am. I hit two keepers pretty much around 5 on the dot and I was thinking today would be a fantastic day. The winds shifted to north, temp dropped about 8 degrees, and the bite seemed to go dead for me. Managed a few more keepers and called it quits at 7:30. Time for work :(

As for the other anglers, I didn't see anyone with more than 5 fish. Couple fish here, couple fish there...

Tomorrow looks like crap. NE winds and cooler. I guess I'll have to give it a couple of days before trying again

Good luck guys.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of my fish this year have come on plastics or shad raps.

I cleaned my fish this morning - all had minnows or alewives in their bellies. not a softshell bite yet

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Big Bass Lee said:
Plastics it is! Chubby darter time!

Mplant. Do you want to go to Lake Geneva this weekend? I'm going on Saturday with Legend. We're hunting giant smallies.
If u use the chubby darter u may lose it on snags. That is why u see people take the front trouble hook off of the shad raps. Simply they want to have a less chance at losing the lure and plus the perch hit it from behind as well so it all works out.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big Bass Lee said:
Plastics it is! Chubby darter time!

Mplant. Do you want to go to Lake Geneva this weekend? I'm going on Saturday with Legend. We're hunting giant smallies.
thanks for the invite BBL but I'm doing the Deep thing this saturday. I would love to though! ask me again the following week or whenever and I'm definitely in.

Shoot me a PM or give me a call I'll help you out on some perching in the Chi

·
Registered
308 Posts
I lose very few lures at the lakefront. I count down jigging spoons, and rattle traps all the time. I've always caught perch a little off the bottom before the gobies get to them. On sand bottom areas I pound the bottom to get a little silt to poof up. I'll meet you out there some time and we'll slam some jumbos. I've been fishing LM since 1980.

Any Smelt? Just Kidding.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big Bass Lee said:
I lose very few lures at the lakefront.
i lost two shad rapps yesterday (one was a sweet jointed rap by rapala that i really liked :x ) and another one today. i'm just unlucky.

gotta keep an eye on your leaders for the fray!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
mplant1 said:
Big Bass Lee said:
I lose very few lures at the lakefront.
i lost two shad rapps yesterday (one was a sweet jointed rap by rapala that i really liked :x ) and another one today. i'm just unlucky.

gotta keep an eye on your leaders for the fray!
Now owe me 7 bucks.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
mplant1 said:
rootpro6 said:
Now owe me 7 bucks.
Don't worry Keith I'll give you a ride next time. No charge. Heck, I'll even let you pick out a shad rapp from the exclusive mplant collection
LMAO

Good fishing with you guys, we need better weather for sure.

BBL is dead on about the Cubby's, if he worked them right I think he may even be able to outfish CLP. :lol:

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
mplant1 said:
rootpro6 said:
Now owe me 7 bucks.
Don't worry Keith I'll give you a ride next time. No charge. Heck, I'll even let you pick out a shad rapp from the exclusive mplant collection
Nothing was better than my perch colored shad rap. Ahh the memories of that shad rap. So many fish caught on it. :cry:

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
mplant1 said:
rootpro6 said:
Nothing was better than my perch colored shad rap. Ahh the memories of that shad rap. So many fish caught on it. :cry:
yeah, all by me!

that was my favorite "borrowed" lure :cry:
No I caught some bass with it and 1 snake pike but still u owe me

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
rootpro6 said:
mplant1 said:
rootpro6 said:
yeah, all by me!

that was my favorite "borrowed" lure :cry:
No I caught some bass with it and 1 snake pike but still u owe me
Dude, 1 lure guys... haha come one. Some people owe me 100's, i owe some people 100's. thats the way it goes. You lose it, you give them one of yours out of the box, but to complain over 7 bucks is kinda funny! :lol: I can vouch for losing more that 1 lure in a day or on first casts of the day... :oops: I let tons of people use my tackle and even lend it out at times. but to be bitchin over 1 lure, LOL. now that's too funny!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I got a beautiful silvery brown and a coho on a perch shad rap last fall within 30 minutes of fishing. I was so proud of that lure, It actually saw so much action that day fighting those fish on the rocks in Milwaukee's north gap that I almost retired the lure because it started coming apart at the back. I have a little collection of retired lures. My first musky, my cleo I got my huge Chinook on, a Tail dancer that held a King on the end of it even after a huge 4 foot wave pushed it in between some huge rocks at the wall, thank god rapalas use that through built wire that goes all the way through the lure. It ripped half way out so the wire is just sticking out the side of the lure with the back trebble on it. The one I got the musky on was a Rapala Rist-O-Rap, it has 3 or 4 huge puncture wounds from the muskie's teeth.

ahhhhhhhhhh. Good times.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.