Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would reccomend to anyone who is looking for a spinning reel that doesn't wanna spend a lot on a reel to pick up a president reel. I have had one since last year and it still is in perfect shape. Very smooth and for 60 bucks it's a sick deal. I picked another one up at bps the other day for like 40 bucks after the discount and using some of my rewards points up.

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
I'll back root up on that one.

Very Reliable Durable reel with an amazing Drag system!

Even if you want to settle for the cheaper trion, it works great to this day bought mine in 2004.

Been using pflueger since i started :mrgreen:

-Geo

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I have had one for about 3 years now and it is a very good reel for the $. It only failed me once when I got it wet, but when I got it home and cleaned and greased it, it was good as new again.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I've got a couple of these myself. I've only had problems with one where the bail will occasionally stick in the upright position and won't carry over to the closed position after casting. That seems to be one of the main problems with all reels in general. Other then that I love those reels and for the price ya can't go wrong!
Gander actually carries a couple under the Gander name which are made by Pflueger and they just slap their name on it. I forget the models but they look exactly like the Presidents but a few bucks cheaper. Top notch.

·
Registered
342 Posts
rootpro6 said:
I would reccomend to anyone who is looking for a spinning reel that doesn't wanna spend a lot on a reel to pick up a president reel. I have had one since last year and it still is in perfect shape. Very smooth and for 60 bucks it's a sick deal. I picked another one up at bps the other day for like 40 bucks after the discount and using some of my rewards points up.
I agree!!! I have one as well and it's very smooth. I am actually picking one up tomorrow... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.