Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today went out for awhile 1:00pm-4:00pm And it was very slow... I had fun while out got wet and cold alittle later in the outing. Michael Foul Hooked a Beautiful Crappie And I managed one Common Carp.

Here's Some pictures enjoy

Total Catch:
George 1 Common Carp
Michael 1 White Crappie (x)

Water Temp Went up Really Quick... Think something was dumped in I've never seeen it rise so quick.

Temp: 56

Sky: Drizzle/Cloudy

Wind: N 6 mph

Water:Clear

Water Temp:64

Water Vis: 2 Feet

Hook: Size 6 Bronze Bait Holder

Line: 8lb Trilene XT ( Green )

Rod: 10'6 Med/lite Diawia Fire Wolf

Reel: pFlueger Trion 7 ball bearings

Bait: BIMBO White Bread

Presentation: Slip sinker rig... 1/2 oz Bullet Sinker on main line attached to barrel swivel being able to slide free then leader attached.... Then Attached was Size 6 Hook. Leader was Exactly 11 Inches Long.

George
Chicago Il
Perch Guy
14-3

2thumbsup

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Sometimes I wonder why anyone would go Kentucky Lake for crappie when we have some of the best crwappie right here in the Chicago River. That is one awesome crappie, guys!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
That is a purrty spot! Your friends got a beauty speckle! And your a carp catching machine!

Good to see a smile George! :D :D
Augy

G

·
just to clear everything up... Since I know I've been getting a lot of carp lately 13 in 3 outings.... I am a multi species fisherman Next spring i'll be able to drive and cant wait untill I can wade the Fox !!!!

This question is for anyone who consistantly fishes the chicago river:

My brother is a heavy Catfisherman He loves the speciment. I usually put him on cats near warm water discharges or Deep holes Or even steep drop offs with some type of under water structure... But is there a consistant Catfish hole That produces good Numbers other then howard and Mcormick Becuase He wants them now.. while i on the other hand is looking into some bass and crappie action this weekend.

George

:lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice post guys! I used to kill the carp with wheaties and coke at the Fox, they love it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts