Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOKE UP AT 7:00AM GOT ALL MY GEAR READY AND HEADED OUT, AFTER STOPPING BY 7-ELEVEN TO GET A FEW SUPPLIES ( COLD STAR BUCKS COFEE DRINK, 3 CANS GREEN TEA)

:aaasunsmile:

AFTER NOT HAVE EVER FISHED THIS PART OF THE RIVER IN MY LIFE...
WELL.. HAD A LITTLE SCOPING OUT TO DO. AFTER DRAWING MY PEG WHICH WAS NUMBER ONE I WENT TO MY HOLE, AFTER CHUMMING 10:25 AND CASTING TO SEE WERE ANY VEGETATION ON THE BOTTOM WAS. I QUICKLY STARTED FISHING. COMPETITION STARTED AT 10:30 AM AND AT 11:01AM WAS MY FIRST HOOK UP. IT LASTED UNTIL 2:30PM I ENDED MY DAY WITH 7 COMMON CARP AND 1 MIRROR CARP. I WAS USING A SPECIAL PREPARATION JUICE SOAKED INTO THE CORN.

HERE'S MY PICTURE... ABOUT A 13LB MIRROR AND OTHERS.. BELOW IN A KEEP NET.

OTHER PICTURES....

PROVIDED BY IRISH ANGLER (MAC)

http://photobucket.com/albums/d136/iris ... eb%2025th/

"Hi guys
here are the results for the final leg for the Wacker Baits winter league (http://www.wackerbaits.com) fished on Sat 25th feb on the Chicago river......The river fished ok considering it was 25 degrees farinht (-3.c.) at the all in ... ....and felt a lot colder with the sharp breeze blowing downstream for most of the match....the carp seemed to hold up in pockets on the river and just feed on and off in spells but there was also a good few bluegills caught too and some decent weights...new comer to our matches and local young angler 17 year old George Watford had a great start to his first match,drawing peg no. 1 and winning with 8 carp for 74 lbs 7 ozs on all the feeder and corn, well done! , Dara was second on peg 6 with 3 carp and 7lbs of bluegills for 45 lbs 6 ozs all on the pole with maggot or pellet, and Paul Wells was 3rd with 1 carp and bluegills for 16 lbs 4 ozs on the pole with corn and maggot...
todays results

1st George Watford(WCF) peg 1 ........74lbs 7 ozs
2nd Dara Finnegan (BUCK Baits/MAC ) peg 6................45 lbs 6 ozs
3rd Paul Wells (CBA ) peg 8 ....................16 lbs 4 ozs
4th Ladislav Vaskor (CAG anglers ?)peg 7 .............13lbs 2 ozs
5th Tracy Jordan (MAC )peg 2.....................0lbs 4 ozs
"

NO TEMPERATURES TODAY GUYS...

ALL MY CONCENTRATION WAS ON THE FISH AND CONDITIONS/SUN

ROD: 10'6 LITE DAIWIA FIRE WOLF

REEL: PFLUEGER TRION 5 BALL BEARING

LINE: 8LB TRILENE XT